PCHS School Counseling
Professional school counselors are licensed professionals with masters’ degrees in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the needs of all students. They deliver a comprehensive school counseling program encouraging all students’ academic, career, and personal/social development thus helping students’ to maximize student achievement!
Counselors Help Our Children Find Success in School by…
• Helping develop positive attitudes among students towards self, family, and community.
• Counseling with students individually and in groups to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
• Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
• Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as making healthy decisions, resolving conflicts, and respecting others.
• Assisting students to become invested in their school success by showing them how school performance relates to future opportunities.
• Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
School Counselors Help Our Children
Prepare for the Future by…
• Assisting students to develop personal awareness and explore personal goals.
• Helping develop communication and interpersonal skills needed to relate well to others.
• Providing a comprehensive and developmental guidance and counseling program that impacts all students K-12.
In the 21st century.