All scholarships are now EXCLUSIVELY listed on our Naviance – Family Connection website.
You must use your login information to access the site.
It is your responsibility as a student to check Naviance frequently. As we hear about new scholarships & opportunities, we will add the information to PCHS daily announcements and the Naviance website. Please see Ms. Wilkin if you have any questions. While we do not fill out your applications for you, we are happy to look over them with you to determine improvements and suggestions.
**Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education, has launched a a new website, StudentAid.gov, that provides straightforward and easy-to-understand information about planning and paying for college. As a mobile-optimized website, StudentAid.gov is fully accessible on tablets and smartphones. **
Gathering FAFSA documents
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2017-2018 school year will be posted online October 1, 2016. It’s important to complete the form and submit it as soon as possible, as some financial aid is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Here are some of the items you will need:
- Your Social Security number and your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent.
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one.
- 2015 federal tax information for you and your parents if you are providing parent information. If you have not filed your taxes, you can still submit your FAFSA by estimating family income.
- Records of untaxed income, such as Social Security benefits, welfare benefits, and veteran’s benefits for you and your parents.
- New for 2016 you will need to create a FSA ID for both the student and the parents. Each person creating an FSA ID must have a personal email, the same email for multiple people will not be accepted. Visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to create your FSA ID.
- To get started, visit fafsa.ed.gov. Don’t miss out!
National Scholarship Search Engines – Will ask you to create an online profile and be matched to scholarships that match your specific data.